Important Information - please read before registering
Requirements of Parade Entry
The Winter Magic Festival is open to celebrating the rich and diverse mountains community. It is a family-friendly event with many children of all ages in attendance and we ask groups to take this into consideration when designing their parade entries.
- We encourage all participants to create a banner identifying their group.
- Performance/production elements and accompanying music are strongly encouraged.
- Applicants may indicate their parade position preference, but the final order will be created by the Parade co-ordinator.
- In accordance with the Festival’s sustainability principles, it is requested that no balloons be carried.
- Any props must we well constructed and safe. Props are ideally handheld but could be on lockable casters and pushable.
- Please do not enter the parade with costumes or props that could be considered offensive to age, race or gender.
- Toy or replica weapons are not encouraged, but if your group needs these accessories as an integral part of your costuming, please ensure they remain by participant’s side at all times. This rule also applies to individual paraders.
- No vehicles or vehicle-based floats are permitted in the parade.
- No animalsare permitted in the parade.
Parade day organisation
- All groups will marshall at Katoomba Public School and must be marshalled by 11am on the day on the event. No groups are to marshall on Waratah Street unless previously arranged with the Parade Co-ordinator.
- The parade ends at the back of the Carrington Hotel in Parke Street. Paraders are required to walk the entire distance. If, for any reason, a group needs to leave the parade before the end, this must be arranged with the Parade Co-ordinator at least one month prior to event day.
- The parade aims to be as accessible as possible. Portable toilets (including a wheelchair accessible toilet) are available at the marshalling area.
- A parade management pack will be distributed two weeks prior to event day with all final details.
- The parade will go on rain, hail or shine, unless otherwise indicated on the WMF website on event day.
- If you need to withdraw your parade application, please inform the Parade Co-ordinator at least a week prior to event day.
- All groups are responsible for the health and safety of their own parade participants.
Applications close midnight Sunday 4 June 2017. A response to your application will be sent within 1 week of the date of application.
Thank you, and we look forward to your application.