The 22nd Blue Mountains Winter Magic Festival will be held Saturday 20th June 2015
in Katoomba, Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia.
The Winter Magic Festival is a free, annual community event, celebrated around the Winter solstice in Katoomba in the Blue Mountains of New South Wales, Australia.
The Winter Solstice in 2015 is June 22nd, 2:38am AEST.
Winter Magic is the Blue Mountain's highest profile and most anticipated annual event. The Blue Mountains is NSW inaugural City of the Arts and Katoomba is the heart of that city. It is the weekend when artists, musicians, dancers, drummers, choirs, stalls and community take over one of Australia's most famous towns.
During the event, the main street of Katoomba is closed to motor traffic and open to pedestrian traffic. This allows the whole town to become a performance space. The streets are lined with market stalls and everybody who attends is encouraged to dress in costume.
Unlike many Festivals run by Chambers of Commerce and Councils, this event is run by community volunteers. It has a strong local focus and very wide general appeal. The setting is a town sitting on a narrow ridge and bound north and south by a World Heritage listed National Park.
The festival itself is free, however some activities charge a fee.
The 2015 Winter Magic Festival Theme is "PEACE"
New 2015 Winter Magic Committee!
Following the Blue Mountains Winter Magic Festival Annual General Meeting held Wed 8th Oct 2014 the following 2015 Committee positions have been filled:
• President – Sharon Peralta
• Secretary – Helen Shields
• Treasurer – Toni Clark
• Entertainment – Tina Sheil
• Volunteers Coordinator - Caleb Barker
• Sustainability – Marina Brown
• Parade – Adrienne Murphy with assistance still from Colin Semmler
• Stalls – Sharon Peralta
• Stalls Apprentice – Jade Tinkler
• ArtStreet – Victor Peralta
• Publicity/Multimedia – Charity Mirow: Divine Moon Design
We would also like to welcome back to the committee:
• Bob Kemnitz for the WMF Site Safety Officer.
• Also Kerrin O'Grady to help with Sponsorship & Grants along with Victor also assisting with Sponsorship.
Clockwise from top left - Sharon Peralta, Marina Brown,
Victor Peralta, Tina Sheil, Charity Mirow
Thank you to Mell Mallin Photography for the group photo.